Friday 9 November 2012

Lazy 15 Challenge - Day 4 Water Marble

Today is day 4 of the Lazy 15 Nail Challenge and the challenge is water marble.
Water marbling has always been a challenge for me. I had my first marble success using the Rio Beauty Water Marble Kit a few weeks ago and since then I have been trying other polishes in my collection to see if I could complete a mani using those.
Lucky for me I managed it today!






For the base colour I used Barry M Black then used China Glaze Want My Bawdy, Swanky Silk, Deviantly Daring and No Plain Jane from the Bohemian Collection to do the water marbling.

I can't tell you how relieved I am that it worked!
It wasn't easy, I still quite haven't got my technique right as you can tell from the water bubbles and I had to re-do a couple of nails where I wasn't happy with the first outcome but I am so please with them.
I love how the China Glaze polishes give the most beautiful 'oil on water' effect over the black.

Next up for the Lazy 15 Challenge is Galaxy!
I cannot wait to give that another try.

♥ A ♥

30 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I was not a fan of water marbled nails because most people do it with garish brights and it ends up looking awful. You've chosen lovely metallic shades that work together and look, as you said, like oil on water. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo pretty!! It kind of has an outer space sorta feel to it :) Really beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristine, it does have a bit of a spacey feel I agree! :) x

      Delete
  3. I love it! They remind me of peacocks, so clever. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Petal! Now I want to do peacock nails! :) x

      Delete
  4. Wow these are gorgeous. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so awesome they would make an amazing galaxy nail!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would have done! Wish I hadn't taken them off already otherwise I'd have reused them for todays challenge! Thank you x

      Delete
  6. I love the colours this is lush xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really does look like oil on water! I am IN LOVE! I really need to try water marbling myself soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I warn you, water marbling will drive you mad, then when you get it right you will be hooked! x

      Delete
  8. they are so pretty, that is amazing!:)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so freakin beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been searching forever for a look like oil on water!! This is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been too! My Dad asked me if it was possible ages ago and I've been trying it ever since, this is the closest I've gotten! Thank you x

      Delete
  11. It reminds me of an oil spill (In a good way) - they turned out great (as always!). Do you use a lightbox or natural light or what? I have such a hard time photographing my nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the look I was hoping for so thank you! I have a lightbox that I use in nail photographing emergencies but I usually sit on my bed which is right under a bay window and prop my hand up on my pillow to take my photos, I might do a post on it soon :) x

      Delete
  12. Wow! These colors are gorgeous together, and your nails are also beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is beautiful Alexis! Ive yet to attempt a water marble! I think I may have to free up a whole weekend before I can try it out lol! ;D

    Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...